At Acacia Park, we invite you to . . .
CONNECT with others as part of a community that strives to practice forgiveness, grace, and genuine hospitality;
WONDER with us at the mystery that is God, a mystery to be experienced rather than solved;
CELEBRATE with us, giving thanks for God’s blessings to us and presence in us;
SHARE your gifts and passions to care for others in the community; share your burdens and experience the healing love of Christ.
Acacia Park Resumes In-Person Worship
Dear Acacia Park family and friends,
On Sunday, July 19th, Pastor Meagan began presiding over worship in the church sanctuary. Service is at 9:30 am. We continue to follow all CDC guidelines and state guidelines for Phase 4 of Restore Illinois; therefore, when you arrive at the church, we ask that you be prepared for the following:
• Masks must be in place before entering the building and must remain in place at all times while you are in the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
Important: masks are not effective if you do not wear them properly. If you are not sure how to do so, the following tutorial will be helpful: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/how-to-wear-mask-properly-wellness-trnd/index.html.
• Temperatures will be checked and questions asked regarding Covid-19 symptoms when you arrive for worship. If you are not feeling well, please stay home. Worship will be recorded, and a link to the recording will be emailed to our contact list on Sunday afternoons.
• Hand sanitizer will be dispensed when you arrive for worship, or if you prefer, disposable gloves will be provided.
• Ushers will be seating people, and pews that are not for use will be marked off with painters tape. Please be sure to maintain six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others when moving about the worship space.
• The downstairs restrooms in the fellowship hall will be available. Please use the large stall and wipe handles on the toilet and the faucet with a Clorox wipe, and throw the wipe in the trash. Only one person should enter the restroom at a time.
Sunday worship will follow a similar pattern to our former Wednesday meditation and healing services.
• Visual aids will be used during worship. There will be no bulletins handed out at church, but a digital copy of the each week’s bulletin will be emailed to our contact list on Saturday afternoon and posted on our website so that you may print your own copy at home and bring it with you on Sunday morning if you choose.
• Worship music is for meditation. There will be no hymnals in the pews. Please, no singing.
• As you exit worship take a to-go communion cup with you. Please take communion when you are able to carefully remove and properly dispose of your mask and wash your hands.
• Self-guided worship for those who do not yet feel comfortable joining us at the church on Sunday mornings and who do not have access to email will continue to be mailed out on Fridays through USPS. Please get in touch with Pastor Meagan or the church office if you would like to be added to this mailing list.
We continue to make plans the best we can with the understanding that Covid-19 can change our plans at the last minute. We will announce changes if the governor or mayor deems more precautions are needed again. Worship will happen, and we pray for a treatment or vaccine. We pray for building community no matter where we are. And we pray for health and safety of all in God’s care
Acacia Park Lutheran Church Council